We frequently hear about the importance of reading aloud to children in terms of learning to read, and we know that reading is an essential skill for success. One of the greatest gifts a parent can give is to teach their child how to use a book. Once this foundation has been laid, the other opportunities for emotional, social, and intellectual benefits unfold. These are 7 additional benefits of books for children.
- Books help children feel safe and secure
- Books can remind children they belong to group or family
- Books can help children learn about love and loving themselves
- Books can help children discover heroes and introduce achievements
- Books can foster children’s particular interests
- Books can be a mental break for fun
- Books can be examples of beautiful art and excellent writing
The school has a well stocked library with a reading room and Internet facility to cater for the varied interests of the students. The school prescriber to a large variety of educational magazine and journals and good collection of audio/ video cassettes and CDs. Beside providing a compulsory period of library, children are encouraged to utilize the facilities available in the library during their free periods also. Students are welcome and are encouraged to be in the library to do their research or for general reading.
Our library is well stocked with a wide collection of books on a variety of subjects and periodicals. Children are encouraged to use the reference books to prepare their projects. The school library fosters the development of life-long learning abilities and love for reading in the students.It also provides teachers with instructional and professional resources.