We follow the Central Board of Secondary Education’s curriculum. The CCE (Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation) is a CBSE initiative to reform the existing education system in our country. A historical prospective of examination reforms through the various phases as an example: presently, the Central Board of Secondary Education has introduced the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation in 2009 and has made markedly positive changes among learners.
To meet the objectives, we need to look at holistic assessment of a learner. This will include both scholastic and co-scholastic areas of a learner’s growth with particular reference to attributes such as life skills, attitudes, values, sports and games as well as co- curricular activities. The CCE scheme aims at addressing this in a comprehensive manner.
We intend to hone the inherent skills and personalities of the children and make them globally competitive without burdening their frail, innocent minds.
Cambridge English adopted by Eklavya Global School is a unique approach to teaching, learning and assessing English.
Cambridge English is driven by world-class research and a profound commitment to:
delivering educational excellence
providing increased opportunities for learners and teachers
offering value to teachers, educational institutions and employers
promoting language learning to benefit society as a whole.
At the Pre-Primary Level (Nursery-Upper Kindergarten)
Learning is made interesting by fun and activity oriented teaching at this level.
- Participation of the students is encouraged through such activities as drawing and coloring, writing, group games, clay modeling, puzzles, flash cards and conversations.
- Poems and stories are dramatized using expressive actions.
- Focus is on developing communication skills and on reinforcing an innate sense of discovery in everything that is taught.
- Children learn to comprehend through a multi sensory approach as concepts in Number Work, English and E.V.S. are made clear with the use of multimedia.
- Nature walks and regular educational tours to the Zoos, Railway Museums and Game Parks develop a sense of openness towards the world.
At the Primary Level (I-VII)
The emphasis is on acquiring in-depth conceptual knowledge.
- The curriculum is research oriented and based on teamwork vis-à-vis discussions, group project work, discovery and exploration.
- Personality development, value education and coping with peer pressure are stressed upon at this stage.
- Students work in groups and make power point presentations /projects/models on subject related topics.
- Students are supposed to make project work in the school and not from their homes.